Skip to main content

Dumplin' Skirt (En)

I am a fashionista. There probably isn't a bag I don't know or a style of shoe I haven't owned. Though maybe a bit of an exaggeration, Carrie Bradshaw's declaration that hanging in her closet where she can see it is where she likes her money, I have been known to sit in my closet and play dress up for no justifiable reason. Given the fact that we aren't going much of anywhere or doing much of anything in these times, I decided to move the closet to the kitchen and put a skirt on a dumpling. Have you had the pleasure? A slurry comprised of water, corn starch, flour, and seasonings (I like salt and onion powder) cooks down while steaming the dumplings to eventually form a delicate, crispy lattice onto which the dipping sauce clings before shattering in the mouth. A well crafted dumpling is delicious in its own right, but who wants to be a minimalist when you can be the belle of the ball?





Comments

  1. WTF? That is awesome! This looks like the child of your cooking and your science olympiad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Once a mathlete, always a mathlete!

      Delete
  2. Honestly En I don't know which is more delicious, your writing or the photos of the dumpling. Both leave me wanting more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment