This recipe graces the cover of April's Bon Appetit. It's made in a food processor which makes it a snap and really fun to put together. The dough does an over-night slow rise in the frig, perfect for a weekend brunch. I made it a second time using the dough base and substituting pesto, parmesan and prosciutto for a savory filling.
C and I took an incredible trip to Italy last year, making our way through much of beautiful Tuscany. We were stunned by the rich history and the art but also, of course, the food! Rome left an indelible mark in our hearts' memory with what is arguably the king (or cween) of all pastas: pasta carbonara. The dichotomy of the dish lies in its simple ingredients (pasta, cheese, bacon and black pepper, if you're a rebel) plus the crucial combination of timing and chemistry to avoid an unappealing egg scramble and divine a sauce so silky and smooth you could cry. After much research, my first attempt was a success. I have since repeated it 3 times just to be sure it wasn't a fluke. Because, you know... science. Before ...

Yumm. This blog is motivating me. What to make next?
ReplyDeleteRight? This is so exciting!
DeleteI'll be over in 5. No seriously, I'm standing on your porch.
ReplyDeleteI'll let you know when the next batch is ready!
DeleteThis sounds so good!! I am super into baked goods lately. :-)
ReplyDeleteRecipe for anyone who wants it!
ReplyDelete